Friday, September 17, 2010

Three Generations still work at Wine-making at Casale Villa Chiara

The tiled roof at the edge of our garden hides a secret wine-making centre. I discover a little hive of industry this afternoon as a tractor laden with grapes heads down the drive. I put my head over the side and the grandmother beckon me down. 


We now have two bottles of 'dolce', sweet grape juice of red and white colour, and a bowl of freshly picked grapes. Danieli, the grandson warns me not to put the tops on the bottles saying, "it will ferment and explode". (it tastes of delicious sweet grape juice.)

'vino e cultura' with the Family Rossi at Villa Chiara




The fertile river valley beyond the tiled roof of the 'winery' at Villa Chiara

1 comment:

  1. The younger guy looks like he is in the Quality Control department.

    ReplyDelete